As an AI language model, my knowledge is based on information available up until September 2021. Here are ten notable acquisitions in the technology sector this year:
1. Arm Limited by NVIDIA Corporation ($40 billion)
– British semiconductor and software design company acquired by NVIDIA, a leading American technology company specializing in GPUs and AI computing.
2. Nuance Communications Inc. by Microsoft Corporation ($19.7 billion)
– Provider of conversational AI and cloud-based ambient clinical intelligence solutions acquired by Microsoft, a multinational technology company.
3. Qlik Technologies Inc. by Thoma Bravo ($11 billion)
– Data analytics software provider acquired by Thoma Bravo, a private equity investment firm focused on software and technology-enabled services.
4. Slack Technologies Inc. by Salesforce.com Inc. ($27.7 billion)
– Provider of team collaboration and messaging tools acquired by Salesforce, a cloud-based software company primarily known for its CRM platform.
5. Polycom Inc. by Voyager Capital Management ($2 billion)
– Video and voice communication solutions provider acquired by Voyager Capital Management, a private equity firm specializing in technology investments.
6. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation by Infineon Technologies AG ($10.1 billion)
– American semiconductor design and manufacturing company acquired by Infineon Technologies, a German semiconductor manufacturer.
7. Marqeta Inc. by Affirm Holdings Inc. ($1.4 billion)
– Developer of an open API issuer processor platform for building payment solutions acquired by Affirm Holdings, a fintech company offering buy-now-pay-later services.
8. Five9 Inc. by Zoom Video Communications Inc. ($14.7 billion)
– Provider of cloud contact center software acquired by Zoom, a video communication platform primarily known for its video conferencing services.
9. Innoviz Technologies Ltd. by Collective Growth Corporation ($1.4 billion)
– Developer of LiDAR sensors and perception software for autonomous vehicles acquired by Collective Growth Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
10. Collibra NV by Crosslake Technologies and Index Ventures ($2.3 billion)
– Belgian data intelligence company focused on data governance acquired by Crosslake Technologies and Index Ventures, private equity and venture capital firms respectively.
Keep in mind that this information may become outdated as new acquisitions occur throughout the year.