While it is difficult to definitively rank the top 10 companies that have gone green this year, here are ten companies that have made significant strides towards sustainability:
1. Apple: Commits to 100% carbon neutrality across its entire supply chain, products, and operations by 2030.
2. Microsoft: Aims to be carbon negative by 2030, with a commitment to remove all of its historical carbon emissions by 2050.
3. Amazon: Launches “The Climate Pledge” with a goal to be net-zero carbon emissions by 2040.
4. Google: Sets a target to operate on 24/7 carbon-free energy by 2030 across its data centers and campuses worldwide.
5. Tesla: Continues to produce electric vehicles, contributing to the global transition towards sustainable transportation.
6. Unilever: Commits to achieving a deforestation-free supply chain by 2023 and 100% renewable energy usage by 2030.
7. Walmart: Aims to become a regenerative company by 2040, eliminating emissions from its global operations and promoting sustainable sourcing.
8. Siemens: Plans to be carbon neutral by 2030 and aims for its entire global supply chain to achieve net-zero emissions by 2030.
9. Ørsted: Transitions from a fossil fuel-centered company to the world’s leading developer of offshore wind energy.
10. Patagonia: Continues its commitment to environmental activism, sustainable manufacturing, and promoting fair labor practices.
These companies represent a range of industries and have made substantial efforts towards environmental sustainability.